Swinford Library & Cultural Centre, Station Rd, Swinford, Co Mayo
Swinford Library and Cultural Centre is a multi-purpose venue located on Station Road, Swinford. This facility is based where the Railway Station once operated – the Cultural Centre was once a goods store for CIE. The railway tracks are still visible behind the building and the Station Masters house is privately owned and occupied next door.
The Library is based in the new section of the building as well as a Meeting Room facility which is laid out in a boardroom style. The meeting room facility is available for private meeting, for bookings please phone or text Julie, John Dunne or Maura Kilboyle on 087 4007045.
An Taoiseach Enda Kenny officially opened the building on 10th May 2014.
Library: Anne O’Brien Tel: (094) 9253120
Cultural Centre & Meeting Room: John Dunne or Julie Ryan – based in Mayo County Council, Swinford Office.
For bookings phone or text: 087 4007045 between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday-Friday.
Library Opening Hours:
Tues: 12 noon – 7pm
Wed: 12 noon – 7pm
I’m Thurs: Closed
Fri: 11am – 4pm
Sat: 11am – 4pm.
- The Cultural Centre is a fully accessible open space area that can accommodate up to 187 people
- The separate Meeting Room can accommodate up to 30 people.
- There is ample car parking facilities,
- Large drop down screen,
- Ability to connect to a laptop,
- DVD player connected to projector & screen,
- Podium with microphone.
- Tea making – kitchenette area with sink, fridge and Burco boiler.
Events – past & ongoing
Since opening in 2013 a number of events of varying types have been held in the facility.
- Mayo Sings Choral Concert in 2013 & 2014.
- Training events with various organisations.
- Information Evenings
- Presentation events
- Drama production & rehearsals.
- DVD Launch evening
- Movie evening
- Fitness classes
- DIY course
- Personal Development Programme
- End of season junior football event
- Various AGM’s
- Children’s Disco
- Retirement Function
- Sports Coach Education
- Photo Shoot
- Job Club
- Bridge Tournament
- Table Quiz
- Hip Hop Dance Classes & Showcase
- Public Consultation
- Photographic Exhibition.
- Monthly Indoor Market
- Youth Club
Offering competitive rates The Cultural Centre is ideally located in close proximity to Ireland West Airport and within reasonable distance from Castlebar, Ballina and Claremorris. Bookings can be made by contacting Mayo County Council, Swinford Office in person, for bookings phone or text: 087 4007045 between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday-Friday.